Exchange: Forwarding Emails to External SMTP Addresses
Exchange: Forwarding Copy of User's Email or Public Folder to Another Account Via Event Sink
Method 1: (Fowarding with a mailbox enabled user)
1. Create a mail enabled contact and configure it with the external SMTP proxy.
2. Double click your mailbox enabled user. Go to Exchange General Tab, Delivery Options.
3. In the fowarding address, select foward to: and select your contact that you configured in step 1.
Method 2. (Forwarding with only a contact)
1. Create a mail enabled contact.
2. For the Primary SMTP address, enter the external address ie. email@example.com
3. For the Secondary SMTP address, enter your organization's address firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Ensure that in the Exchange general tab of your contact, the email address is set to the Primary address (external address) as well as your general tab.
James Chong (MVP)
MCITP | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+
Security+, Project+, ITIL
How useful was this article? Want to see a tip not listed? Please leave a comment.